2013- February 10 Teresa will be the Keynote Speaker at Havasu Pocket Cruisers Convention, She will also be offering workshops and other seminars during the week-long event. Update: 2013 – April 5 Watch the keynote address HIGHLIGHTS: Breaking Down Common “Miss”-Perceptions Presenter: Teresa Carey There is no doubt that there are more male sailors, both [...]
Win A Prize! Read all the way to find out how to win and how to support One Simple Question. Every morning that I have electricity, counter-space, and a freezer, is a special morning. These are luxuries you start to appreciate more when you lack for them in life aboard a boat. And only when I [...]
Election Day! This is not a post about politics, it’s a post about understanding. How does the election relate to my blog Sailing, Simplicity and the Pursuit of Happiness? Simplicity is a values based lifestyle and most people also vote according to their values. But both sides of the political argument have support from simple [...]
UPDATE: Feb 13, 2013 I wrote this blog post during the chaos of Hurricane Sandy. I heard the awful news that the Bounty was in trouble, but knew little information about the details. Recently OUTSIDE magazine posted a great article on the progress of the investigation. It is a good reference for people looking for [...]
Last night Ben and I dropped anchor near Norfolk just as the sun was setting. We are sailing aboard a Caliber 35, delivering the boat to its new owner. We anchored close enough to have protection from the tall buildings and yet still far away enough that the city lights appeared beautiful and natural. I [...]
Its been a few months since Ben and I have lived aboard our own boat and I’m starting to feel very disconnected. While we are working on boats, and living aboard while we work, it just isn’t the same. I’m eager to find our new home. I know many people have been asking what we [...]
When people first learned that I bought a boat and set sail all on my own in 2008, they were impressed. “How can you do that,” they asked. “Its so spontaneous.” But the truth is, I had been sailing for many years before that, both recreationally and professionally. I got my feet wet when I [...]
Ben and I heard of this amazing film festival that is focused entirely around one topic….the OCEAN! And since we are also making a film about the ocean, we decided we would try to attend. Unfortunately, its on the other side of the country. But fortunately for us, they are holding a Youtube video contest [...]
Get Updates By Email
- Anchored in Wrightsville Beach. Had a great passage from St Pierce last few days. 11 days ago
- Money! Money! Money! Mon-ay! October 11, 2011
- Liveaboard Life: Minimalism in a Tiny Home at Sea February 9, 2011
- A Simple Wedding August 12, 2012
- Shopping for Boats September 23, 2012
- Its A Nice Way to Live, Isn’t It? June 1, 2009
- Rigging Simplicity & The Con of Leading Lines Aft May 2, 2013
- Best Features of an Offshore Boat – Part II – The Interior April 26, 2013
- New Projects and New Relationships April 7, 2013
- Best Features of a Blue Water Boat Part I April 3, 2013
- Google Hangout: How Do You Prepare for a Voyage? March 26, 2013
- Alan: Good question, a lot of people who have never expe...
- Jeremy: As crazy as it may sound... building your own is s...
- Jeremy: Some quotes in response to those comments Teresa.....
- Jeremy: Random question to lifelong cruisers who prefer wa...
- Gerd Fehlbaum: Damn TRUE, Alan! You really put it in the right wo...