Giving thanks… Thanksgiving. Two distinct and powerful words rolled into one so we can get through it faster and get on with the Christmas Shopping Season. Onto Black Friday. Then onto Cyber Monday. But wait, what’s this, now it’s back to that word Giving… on Tuesday – an attempt to make up for the past […]
Thank you so much to Tasha who has a beautiful blog over at Turf to Surf. She nominated me for the Liebster award, which means I have to answer her ten questions. 1) Where are you now and where are you headed? I am in the car and headed for the airport to drop off […]
How many of you find joy, information, inspiration, or a good laugh from a well written blog or rockin’ YouTube channel? I do! There are some great blogs I follow to help me improve at my job, learn more about writing and the ocean, or just because they are interesting! Well, this blog post is […]
When we were looking for the perfect pilot episode for Ocean Courier, we were led by some expert advise to check out Armila, Panama, a small village on the Caribbean coast who’s beaches host thousands of nesting Leatherback sea turtles every year, in fact they host the most in the world. Perfect! We are buying […]
Solo sailing has always been a significant part of my sailing education. No other type of sailing even compares to the growth and challenge provided by long-distance solo sailing. When I sold Daphne my biggest concern was that I would lose the skills and perspective that I had developed while on my two-year solo voyage. […]
The first time I met J was at Blue Ocean Film Festival in 2012. He was speaking at a dinner and presented a clear blue marble to a person who he felt positively influenced his love for water. He asked us all to pick up our blue marble and hold it to our heart, then […]
We have some wonderful news for the progress of One Simple Question and our friends who are involved with the film. ~ Blue Mind is on the NY Times Bestsellers List: Author Wallace J Nichols is a friend of ours and we are lucky to have him featured in One Simple Question. His insight and […]
Never miss a post…
- Money! Money! Money! Mon-ay! October 11, 2011
- Rigging Simplicity & The Con of Leading Lines Aft May 2, 2013
- Liveaboard Life: Minimalism in a Tiny Home at Sea February 9, 2011
- A Simple Wedding August 12, 2012
- Shopping for Boats September 23, 2012
- Yea Water, Yea Happy – How The Water Lifts Our Spirits March 27, 2015
- Getting to Know You Rocinante March 12, 2015
- March Madness – Still Snowing, Lots To Do March 6, 2015
- What Scares You While Sailing? February 26, 2015
- Spaceships, Rock Bands and Namesakes January 24, 2015
- Ben Eriksen: Rob, Good point - I think having two heads aboar...
- Ben Eriksen: Lee, Yes we are going to use some Colligo Dux actu...
- Teresa Carey: Agreed! Most of the people I work with give a lot ...
- D.H. Cahen: There are several professional mariners that dedic...
- Ben Eriksen: Well, depends on who you ask... the BCC 28 has it...
Looking for something?
About The Author
Sailing, Simplicity, and the Pursuit of Happiness, began in 2008 when Teresa gave up a job, home, many things, and a whole lot of stability for the unstable plan to chase her dreams. In the following two years she lived aboard a small 27 foot sailboat named Daphne with only her cat Dory for company. Its not a house, but it was home, its not a car, but she traveled a blue road. For two years she sailed, explored, and discovered what simple living meant to her and shared it all on this blog. Writing helped her. Blog readers inspired her. Now, as she plans for her next big voyage, Sailing, Simplicity, and the Pursuit of Happiness must give back to the readers. Our goal is to share meaningful thoughts on simple living, to help sailors with life aboard, and to inspire others to chase their own creative dream through honest and uplifting writing.
© 2015 Sailing, Simplicity, and the Pursuit of Happiness. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by WordPress. Designed by