Solo sailing has always been a significant part of my sailing education. No other type of sailing even compares to the growth and challenge provided by long-distance solo sailing. When I sold Daphne my biggest concern was that I would lose the skills and perspective that I had developed while on my two-year solo voyage. […]
Tag Archives | navigation
UPDATE: The contest is closed. I posted all the submissions and messages I received via email or Facebook in the comments below. The winner was drawn at random from all the correct entries, congratulations to Alex Rook. Thanks so much for playing. And don’t forget to check out the creative problem solving methods everyone used […]
Last week Ben and I welcomed two friends aboard Elizabeth for an afternoon sail. It was the first sail of this season, and we were excited to dust off the cobwebs. We headed out into the bay, hoisted the sails, and set a course for the opposite shore. The chilly air was reminiscent of a […]
Get Updates By Email
Sign up for SSPH Newsletter
- Liebster Award Nomination! October 25, 2014
- Do Artists Deserve Support? October 18, 2014
- Looking For Turtles, Finding People October 13, 2014
- The Level of Expectation September 22, 2014
- Blue Mind – The Book You Must Read #BlueMind August 25, 2014
- Cathy Norrie: Hear, hear! My husband and co-skipper Bill an...
- Teresa Carey: This blog post stirred up a conversation on Facebo...
- Ken F: I've recently started a blog of my own, and, like...
- Matt: I responded privately with an offer, but this exte...
- Wyling: Hi Teresa, A quick word about ads... no one wan...
Posts Archives By Month
About The Author
Sailing, Simplicity, and the Pursuit of Happiness, began in 2008 when Teresa gave up a job, home, many things, and a whole lot of stability for the unstable plan to chase her dreams. In the following two years she lived aboard a small 27 foot sailboat named Daphne with only her cat Dory for company. Its not a house, but it was home, its not a car, but she traveled a blue road. For two years she sailed, explored, and discovered what simple living meant to her and shared it all on this blog. Writing helped her. Blog readers inspired her. Now, as she plans for her next big voyage, Sailing, Simplicity, and the Pursuit of Happiness must give back to the readers. Our goal is to share meaningful thoughts on simple living, to help sailors with life aboard, and to inspire others to chase their own creative dream through honest and uplifting writing.
© 2014 Sailing, Simplicity, and the Pursuit of Happiness. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by WordPress. Designed by